Sunday, June 05, 2005

Don’t be Judgmental

I was in a van going to Tacloban from Ormoc and I was reading a newspaper (as I always do to keep myself busy). I was struck by a column of a certain priest (I forgot the name). Anyway, as I’ve said I was struck by his column about being judgmental.

I was in deep reflection about the story he wrote:

Once there was a man and his faithful dog. One day, the man was out hunting for food while he left his son in a crib and the dog watching over his child. On the way home, he was met by his dog full of blood and with some meat on his mouth. Without anything being said, he drags his dog and raises a knife for the kill. After killing the dog, he ran to his house and found his child in deep sleep and beside him lays the big snake which obviously was killed by his faithful dog.

If not of his being quick on judging the dog, he will not regret what he’d done.

Sad to say a lot of people are like that. They usually think they are always right. They tend to neglect the emotions of other people and judge them according to what they think is right. We should put it in mind that only God has the right to judge a person. It is not our right to do so. But there is a great job, every Christian is ought to do to their brothers and sisters. To help each one of us change and live the Christian life God wants us to do.

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home